This statement describes how our program protects data and individual privacy:
- Information about the Pet Owner
- Information that might be used to access personal financial information is not retained by any employee of Vet-Tel.
- Any financial information entered into any Vet-Tel shopping cart is processed by the Merchant Account and Gateway.
- If recurring fees are agreed, then that financial information is retained inside the Processing Merchant Gateway who is then responsible for the protection of that data under their control.
- Clients are encouraged to post pictures of their pets and themselves on our site.
- These pictures are then considered public with the same degree of privacy as if posted on Facebook or other social media.
- Clients grant the right to Vet-Tel to use these pictures for educational purposes, including showing them to other clients.
- If used in this way, any reference to the person’s name or contact information will be removed.
- Clients have the right to request the pictures be removed from educational use.
- Information about the Pet
- Pet Data, also called “Signalment” in veterinary medicine refers to the pet’s
- Date of Birth
- Medical Profile (e.g. medications taken)
- Attributes (collected as part of the behavioral history)
- Pictures of the pet and background environment are maintained inside the behavioral record of the pet
- The client gives permission for Vet-Tel and affiliates to use these pictures for educational use of other pet parents.
- Reporting Inhumane Treatment of Animals
- If any client of Vet-Tel reports what THEY believe is inhumane treatment of animals, that information will be forwarded
- to the Humane Society of the United States.
- Demographic Data
- Demographic data used for marketing or other purpose will not contain personal information such as Name, Address, and phone number.
- Demographic information purchased from others is used according to the stipulations of the source of the information
- Identify Theft
- Client data is not sold or made public
- Vet-Tel is not responsible for Identity Theft
Vet-Tel and related entities intend to comply with all pertinent privacy regulations, including those of:
- HIPPA - Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation
IF any client encounters a circumstance where Vet-Tel is not in compliance then this information should be sent to our Data Protection Officer, Rolan Tripp, DVM.